Thank you for your interest in serving on the New Life Church Dream Team. We are building a team of people who are passionate about serving God and loving people. Please prayerfully consider what God might have you do, read through the expectations and potential avenues for service, and complete this application. This online application is a two-part process. First, you will complete the application you see here. In the second step, you will log in to your online account (the same account used for online giving or event registration) and will view/select the current DreamTeam opportunities, verify your contact information, and provide us with two references that we may contact.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve alongside you.
1 Timothy 3:8-10 states, "Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons."
Based upon this, we have set these character qualifications for ministry placement:
- Sincere, worthy of respect, and of a good reputation
- Demonstrating a genuine desire to serve God and love people
- Promoting a positive group dynamic and dealing with conflict resolution
As a member of the Dream Team, we ask that you be in agreement with the statements below:
- I am a member of New Life Church, having attended New Life Next.
- I am in agreement with the Statement of Faith and overall vision of New Life Church, and support NLC with my prayers, resources, tithes and offerings.
- I am in harmony and integrity in my marriage, family relationships, business relationships and personal friendships. I have high moral conduct and Christian character inside and outside of New Life Church.
- I have an attitude of support and submission for all authority, including the leadership of the church as a whole and my respective area of service.
- I will demonstrate faithfulness in church attendance at New Life and overall faithfulness to fulfill the responsibilities pertaining to my specific ministry position.
- I am committed to maintaining a disciplined life of Bible study, prayer and fasting, as well as refraining from such things as profanity, illegal drugs, pornography, sexual immorality, drunkenness and all behaviors that might cause Christ to grieve and others to stumble.
- I am committed to building unity, being a peacemaker and a team player, having an attitude of grace, love, patience, longsuffering, service, and humility.
- I am committed to deal with the sins of others, personal offenses, hurts, disagreements with others and other problems in a Biblical and timely manner.
- I will focus on Jesus and major issues of the faith as the priority of our common worship and service.
- I am committed to maintaining an attitude of compassion and grace to those who are hurting, different, sinful or even adversarial to my faith in Christ.